Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Don't Rush Them to Grow up!


Please let your child enjoy the stage they are in.  No matter what anyone tells you, please let them go through the developmental stages and grades that are appropriate for their age, at least until they are older. Even if down the road you believe they are too advanced for their grade level, make sure that they have every academic, emotional, spiritual, etc. skill in the proper place. My mom listened to someone and skipped me from k4 to k5.  For all of my school years until 11th grade, I struggled socially.  As a result I also struggled academically. I have seen this scenario play out over and over with other children throughout my educational experience and the result has always been a student who struggles in some way in school. I also feel encouraged by the renowned Christian psychologist Dr. Kevin Leman in these thoughts.  To learn more about him and his over 50 books on parenting and raising kids, please check out www.drleman.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment