Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Why My School Will be Different

Visited a school today. I toured the school and this is what I saw. Kids walking through the hall way with their hands folded behind their back. I guess i had a "look" on my face because a teacher says, "Oh we make them do that so they won't touch the walls when they walk through the hall." Um...you want 5 and 6 year olds to be so confined that they cannot even touch a wall when they walk??? Looked around the classrooms on a tour and saw desks with worksheets. I hate worksheets. I saw clean classrooms and perfectly lined desks and tables. An orderly classroom means the teacher is doing all the talking and the kids are doing little "doing." Um...thanks but I don't think this is the place for me to work or for my creative and expressive children to attend. So me opening a school is looking more and more like a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment